3 March 2017

In A Black Dress

You caught my eye, as you came down,
Wearing your stunning pitch black gown,
Bearing a smile, beautiful and wide,
You kindled in me, delight I can't hide,

The hallway turns, with an open mouthed glare,
At the dazzling beauty those stairs bore,
While you walk towards my way,
Your eyes, though, looking away,

You're nervous about the way you look,
Utterly oblivious to the people you shook,
Oh won't you look at me, your man,
Who's tried to look the best he can?

A necklace shines upon your supple chest,
But the neck that bears it shines brighter, nay, brightest,
Tripping hearts of men and women alike,
Yet meek in all your allure,

Your dress is black, but your eyes darker,
Matched only by your locks that're longer,
I could stand here, watching you all night,
But I'm ushered by loud ticks of the clock of my heart,

And before I know, silence sweeps in,
Oh where did it go, the heart that was beating?
I see now, as you walk past my critter,
It's stuck upon the tresses that trail your splendour,

I follow suit, floating along,
Dazed by your hair, gorgeous and long,
Oh all I seek, this night that your mine,
Is to be lost in those tresses, for all time.

1:32pm on 3.3.2017 at C504, H13, IIT Bombay

6 comments: