20 May 2017

A Rise from False Love

I rise now, wiser than ever,
Bright, radiant and clear,
Redeeming my tormented soul,
From the grasp of the foul,

Absolving my spirit of the sin of love,
I rise now, free and pure as a dove,
Looking down upon my shatter'd egg of gloom,
That seemed to last forever, sealing me to doom,

I was fooled, yes, my dear,
Not by you but by your form in a mirror,
A woman who resided in my heart alone,
Bearing your face and charm but a clone,

She shared your eyes, your voice and all I could see,
But had a soul unique to her that'd fill me with glee,
I beheld her form when I closed my eyes,
And I believed this face enclosed those traits,

When I faced you, I saw her soul,
Not within you, for it isn't what you hold,
It reflected upon your form as my sight fell upon it,
But it truly lay within my heart.

Written about a month ago - perhaps even before.
Typed out on 11:52am, 20.5.2017. Edits till 11:55am

3 comments: